Saturday, February 22, 2014

DAY 20: From Russia: Pickled Wild Mushrooms at EUROPA GROCERY, 13728 E. Quincy Ave.

On day 15, my family and I had gone in search for a Russian restaurant called ROYAL INTERNATIONAL CUISINE, which had been replaced by another Pho(75). On that trip, I noticed a Russian grocery store called EUROPA.  I didn't stop then, but returned yesterday.
  
Like SOLOMON'S, on 1939 S. Havana, EUROPA has a fantastic array of Eastern European breads, sausages, dairy and imported prepared stuffs. I fell in love with the pickled mushrooms.
Four shelves filled with scores of varieties, many wild picked.

Cherry Creek Reservoir is right next door, so this is a great stop for gathering picnic stuffs before a hike!
I also asked one of the owners about ROYAL INTERNATIONAL CUISINE.  Apparently, they are still in business but moved to Chambers and Hampden...That's for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment