Wednesday, February 5, 2014

DAY 5: ARASH INTERNATIONAL MARKET, 2720 S. Parker Rd., S. Parker Corridor

Well, I was planning on traveling to Arash last night, but Denver's streets have been too frightening for me with the deep chill and snow!  Until I get out there, here's a shot of what I currently have in my kitchen that I've bought at Arash. During the same trip, I bought goat meat, Iranian breads, dried lemons, extra coarse bulgar (not easy to find outside of Middle Eastern grocery stores), apricot leather, za'atar and dried fava beans.

Arash International Market is a market owned by an Iranian family and caters primarily to the Persian/Middle Eastern cook. They can boast of a having a wonderful produce department, dairy, Halal meats, breads and a vast assortment of dried fruits, seeds, nuts, herbs and spices.  Until I can get back there myself, here's a great introduction from the Denver Post, with photos, published in April, 2010:

No comments:

Post a Comment